Wednesday 25 July 2018

Kannur To Madgaon 30.10.11


Sunday, 30th October, 2011. Around 6:15 AM, I was out after a brief holiday at home spending some unforgettable moments with my parents, sister and nephew.  Before leaving, I had my breakfast. At Kannur station there was a huge queue at the ticket counter. I got the ticket to Mangalore. Malabar Express was at platform no.1. I stepped into the train and got a seat too.

It was about 10:20AM, I reached Mangalore Central. This time I didn’t have to wait for long time to get the ticket to Madgaon, Goa.  Matsyaganda Express was scheduled to depart at 12:50 PM.  Since there was sufficient time, I have planned to make a trip into the city. The church of Our Lady of Miracles was on the right side of the busy road. When I entered its campus, I heard the announcement of providing breakfast, lunch and a game of housie. Since it wasn’t for me, I walked away from the church and entered the polo sale. Since I was not in the mood to buy anything, I paced out quickly to have a bottle of 7up from a nearby store. While returning, I found Sree Muthappan Temple where I had spent some fifteen to twenty minutes praying to the god to take care of me. 

When it was nearly 12o’ clock, I entered station and had bananas before heading towards the general compartment of Matsyaganda Express. I got a seat to rest. Since it was hot, I sporadically stood up to feel the cool air from the fan over me. Exactly at 12:50 PM, the train moved slowly and then sped towards my destination. I had my lunch around 2:00 PM. I spent some time thinking about my parents, sister and nephew. I did not know when I would be able make my next trip to meet them.

It was over 7:00 PM when I reached Madgaon Station. I rushed to buy a bottle of water and dashed towards the nearby bus stand to catch the bus to Madgaon bus stand. There I got the bus which took me to Ponda. At Ponda I reached right in time to board the last bus around 8:20 PM. I reached my room at Usgao near Nestle just about 8:45 PM. After a brief chitchat with my room-mate, I had my dinner and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment