Saturday 30 July 2011

Fear Of Defeat

When I was giving a hearing to the morning news on television, the telephone knelled until I greeted it
‘Hello’
‘Hello! Mr. Karmakar’
‘Yes’
‘Adhikari here.’

He who would never talk with me directly, he who wanted to set his foot on my neck and rise up the ladder of success,(the thought of him) was making my blood burning, turning my voice into a fountain of anger.
‘What do you want?’
‘I want you to stop your nonsense.’
‘That’s your own’

And I replaced the receiver. A brief conversation- with my rival, who could think to kill me anytime for success. Our business, common; competition, frequent; fear of defeat, persistent.

Before he could do anything monstrous, I should do something. I contemplated the possible ways and the impossible ways and tried hard to pin-point the best one to throw him out of all.

The news was already over, so I turned my set off. And started towards my office. As soon as I entered my chamber , the telephone , on my table screamed again. Him again.
‘I want to meet you. His tongue sounded harsh.
‘O.K. I too want to meet you.

A place decided. A face to face meeting and all alone. I smiled. A chance , great one, for anyone to be active.

That evening we came together to settle everything. We both were avoiding any resolutions, but were looking forward to something. I was confused, whether he was up to something as me.

At that moment, we heard gun shots. Two? Four? Five?

Then silence.

We investigated and got them who we knew were employed to shed our blood, but finished each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment